Re: Message for Dale Scheetz and sendmail question for list

On Sun, 11 May 1997, Rick Jones wrote:

> You should see something like the following in
> /etc/mail/sendmail.cf:
>
> # Alias for this host
> Cw

I have:

Cwbraincells.com

> # Virtual email domain
> # who I masquerade as (null for no masquerading)
> DMyourdomain.com

I have:

# who I masquerade as (null for no masquerading) (see also $=M)
DMbraincells.com

> # Smart host
> DSmail.yourISP.net

I have:

> # Use this mailer to reach the Smart host
> DNesmtp

The only line I have that begins with Dn is:

# my name for error messages
DnMAILER-DAEMON

The only line that mentions esmtp is:

# SMTP daemon options
#O DaemonPortOptions=Port=esmtp

As you can see, it's commented out.

# "Smart" relay host (may be null)
DS

Hmm...what is a smart host anyway?  As far as I know my mail comes
directly to braincells.com not forwarded from the upstream ISP.

> # Central host for local mail
> DHlocalhost

I have:

# who gets all local email traffic ($R has precedence for unqualified
names)
DH

Is any of this significant?  Thanks for your help.

-- Jaldhar