Re: Debian as a server.

Hi Chris,

Just a note to tell you that I have been using Debian here on all my
servers.

I am currently a low to medium voulme system and so I am unable to say what
the stability of the system would be like at high traffic levels.

Upon initial setup, the Debian systems have been preforming flawlessly,
including online, no downtime upgrades to the latest packages. (Not kernel
upgrades)

Each system is running multiple servers including www, ftp, dialin PPP,
telnet etc.

What can I say?   It works for me and I would not change at this point!

Regards,

Rowan

Rowan Deppeler  System administrator
Cybernex Networking
http://www.cybernex.net.au
vk3vw / vk3rcr
>     I have been using Debian for a while now as a work station for a
>little bit now and have been pleased with it.  I was originally
>quite surprised at the performance and reliability that I
>experienced.  VERY soon I will have to install a server here at work
>for FTP and WWW services.

[Snip]