Message for Dale Scheetz and sendmail question for list

Dale,

Sorry for sending this to the whole list but when I tried replying to your
mail to me about the pine bug (btw I had a lot of swap space free so that
wasn't it but I think the problem is solved now anyway.) I got:

501: HELO Requires Domain Address

and sure enough I'm sending out

HELO

instead of:

HELO braincells.com

This has never happened before. I think one of three things may have
caused it.

1.) This new version of pine.  In which case is this a bug or do I have to
configure something?

2.) Your sendmail isn't as lax as others and doesn't accept a plain HELO.
In which case I probably need something in my sendmail.cf to enable HELO
<domain name>.  Does anyone know what that would be?

3.) My sendmail is misconfigured in which case the solution would be the
same as 2.

Am I on the right track?  Any clue would be appreciated.

-- Jaldhar