A thousand apologies to the debian user list.

On This Day, In The Year of Our Lord  9 May 97, 20:56
  "Re: deselect" By G.V.Livingston II:

OOOpps, I apologize about that.  I have a filter set up so that all
incoming mail from usa.net is automatically answered.  I keep on
getting flooded from tons of spams by various usa.net addresses that
sell me stuff, tell me to turn christian, want me to buy their
products for mothers day, offer me "great deals" on software.  I
don't understand why.  So I had that setup to automatically delete
and answer them back (and I keep on getting the same answer back from
postmaster which claims that the address causing this spam has been
cancelled.. yeah, okay).

	So I apologize to you, and I apologize to the rest of the debian
community about this.  Apparently filters work well.

	Leandro+

p.s.
	It took quite a bit to figure out the meaning of this message.  The
filter has been removed.

> I am only a MEMBER of the list.  You may want to turn off the "auto
> blaster" and try reading the messages you get sometimes.  Clear
> instructions for removing yourself from the list AND for reporting
> trouble if you CAN'T get off the list are at the bottom of each
> message.  As follows:
>
> > TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THIS MAILING LIST: e-mail the word "unsubscribe" to
> > debian-user-request@lists.debian.org . Trouble?  e-mail to
> > templin@bucknell.edu .
> >

>   Thank you for your time.
>
> GVL
>

> On  9 May 97 at 20:55, Leandro Asnaghi-Nicastro wrote:
>
> > ----------> NOTICE REGARDING UNSOLICITED E-MAIL <---------
> >
> >     PLEASE REMOVE MY PERSONAL E-MAIL ADDRESS FROM YOUR
> >                        MAILING LIST
> >
> > IF YOUR MESSAGE WAS INTENDED AS ADVERTISING, IT MAY BE IN
> > VIOLATION OF FEDERAL LAW [Telephone Consumer Protection Act of 1991,
> > and Collateral Code of Federal Regulations (47 CFR 64.1200)].
> >

> > Legal notice:
> >
> > The Telephone Consumer Protection Act of 1991 (TCPA), and
> > collateral Code of Federal Regulations (47 CFR 64.1200) define an
> > unsolicited advertisement sent via FAX as the equivalent same sent by
> > E-Mail.  To wit:
> >
> > If your computer has any of the following
> >
> >  * a modem connected to a regular telephone line,
> >  * a printer connected to that computer,
> >  * a connection to the Internet
> >
> > unsolicited advertising sent via e-mail to that equipment is
> > considered (by definition of law) as sent to a FAX. The TCPA allows
> > a private right of action against the sender of such unsolicited
> > advertising.  The recipient can sue for $500, or actual damages
> > (whichever is greater).
> >
> > ___
> > Leandro Asnaghi-Nicastro (LA672)
> > Assistant to the Editor and Localization, GamesMania
> > Internet Frontier, Toronto, Canada
> > Email: leandro@ifront.com
> > Tel: (416) 656-2659 ext. 425
> > Fax: (416) 656-0863
> >
> > 	"Ich gluecklich, ich tragen mein gluecklich Struempfe!"
> >
> > 	-- Tuerkey Moenkey
> >
> > ZimID  46B98555 1993/12/15  0D 6E 96 68 D6 B3 9A 96  20 ED 1F AF 11 46 13 79
> >

> Gerald V. Livingston II
>
> Reply to gvl@usa.net
___
Leandro Asnaghi-Nicastro (LA672)