A note on dpkg release engineering

[ I posted this to debian-devel a few minutes ago, and just realized I
  should have sent it to debian-user as well.  My apologies to those
  of you who are seeing it twice. ]

I'd like to thank all of the people who have been downloading and
testing the versions of dpkg I have been uploading to 'experimental'.
I appreciate your time and effort in helping me debug and test the new
versions.

However, given that this number of people is much greater than I had
expected, I should re-iterate a warning: the versions of dpkg I put in
'experimental' should be considered of alpha-quality only, and are
frequently uploaded with little or no testing on my part.  I use
'experimental' as a snapshot directory, primarily for the benefit of
people who are coordinating with me on dpkg development.

I welcome people to run the versions of dpkg from 'experimental', and
welcome any feedback they can give me --- I just want to make sure
everyone knows that little or no release engineering is being done on
those versions, and that they run them at their own risk.

Once 'bo' is released, I will be making somewhat more stable releases
of dpkg on a moderately frequent basis to 'hamm' for more widespread
testing.

Thanks,
 - Klee