Re: ideas about moving Debian to another hard drive

Roughly two months ago I did this exact same thing, three times!
Without regard to the options I passed to cp, it *did* do a recursive
copy of /mnt, hung on /dev, and I don't remember what happened to /proc.
What *did* work for me what this (I think):

in root directory,

cp --archive /dir1 /dir2 .... /lastdir /mnt

then I did
mkdir /mnt/proc
mkdir /mnt/mnt

I can't remember what I did with /dev, but the above should do it.
However, make sure it works (as always) before you zap the original.

Jon Nelson
nels0988@tc.umn.edu