Re: Backspace in rxvt

Andreas Tille wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I use rxvt instead of xterm because I read it is smaller and is able to
> do all things I want it to do. Additionally it has colors by default
> (nice to have a colored mc :-)).
>
> But what to do to make <BackSpace> work as BackSpace and <Del> work
> as Delete??? In xterm this works as I want it to work, so the general
> keybindings seem to be OK.

If typing Backspace on the shell command line prints "^H" rather than
doing a backspace, type the command "stty erase ^h" (make sure you
type "^" and "h", not CTRL-h. Note that this only changes the current
shell (terminal) so you'll probably want to put it in your .profile.

--
Jens B. Jorgensen
jjorgens@bdsinc.com