Re: .fvwm2/ hook problems

On Thu, 1 May 1997, Colin Telmer wrote:

> I decided to finally make use of the debian menu system by converting my
> old .fvwm2rc into the various hook files that live in .fvwm2/ but I seem
> to be missing something -  I added the line
> 	+ "I" Module FvwmButtons
> to .fvwm2/init-restart.hook and then started fvwm2 and the hook wasn't
> parsed. I eventually just added the following 4 lines (marked by CRT) to
> /etc/X11/fvwm2/system.fvwm2rc as a temporary fix:
>
> DestroyMenu InitFunction
> AddToFunc InitFunction
> + "I" Exec setup-background
> + "I" Read /etc/X11/fvwm2/init.hook
> + "I" Read /etc/X11/fvwm2/init-restart.hook
> + "I" Read .fvwm2/init.hook
> + "I" Read .fvwm2/init-restart.hook
>
> # CRT
> Read .fvwm2/init.hook
> Read .fvwm2/init-restart.hook
>
> DestroyMenu RestartFunction
> AddToFunc RestartFunction
> + "I" Read /etc/X11/fvwm2/restart.hook
> + "I" Read /etc/X11/fvwm2/init-restart.hook
> + "I" Read .fvwm2/restart.hook
> + "I" Read .fvwm2/init-restart.hook
>
> # CRT
> Read .fvwm2/restart.hook
> Read .fvwm2/init-restart.hook
>
> What am I missing or is this a bug?

Nope - you're quite right, this is a bug (reported twice, in fact:
once as number 8338 and again as 9153, if you really want to know).

I'm putting together fvwm-2.0.45-BETA-4, which should fix this (and
some other) bugs.

By the way, you don't say which version of fvwm2 you were using, but
in this case it wasn't crucially important.  Can I urge people to
please include the version number of packages they are talking about!
(You can find out information about packages using "dpkg -s fvwm2" or
similar).

Austin