Re: Selecting a pci ethernet card.

We use a 3com 3c905TX 10/100 Mbps PCI card, and it performs quite well,
thanks to Donald Becker's wonderful drivers.  I believe it uses the
"3c590 Vortex" driver in the kernel.  I had no problems installing
Debian 1.2 on the machine straight out of the box.  We've never had any
errors or strange behavior.

On the other hand, I have heard of problems with the Intel cards.  That
may be due to many manufacturers bundling them with systems, and thus
there are more of them out there .. I have no personal experience with
them.

Cheers,
Nathan