kernel panic (in swapper task..)

Heya..

Wellps.. thanks for the response to my last email.. I think I have a more
serious problem now.. Whenever my system starts using swap I get a kernel
panic.. Something like 'in swapper task - unable to sync'... And my system
hangs.. has anyone experienced this before? Since its really annoying me..
I'm using kernel 2.1.29 and mount 2.6d-1.. I cant think of anything that I
did wrong...

TIA,
-Paul