Re: missing packages from "stable"

On Tue, 29 Apr 1997, Rick Jones wrote:

> I've noticed that many files are reported missing by deselect.  The
> problem is they're named wrong.  In that case you have to manually ftp to
> ftp.debian.org or wherever and get the file.  Most of the time the file
> version number is 1 or 2 off.

Hmmm.  At what times does the 'packages' file get updated?  I take it the
filenames are not always in synch with the 'packages' in the stable
directory?

Fortunately for me, it was only a few files, so I can manually ftp them as
you suggest.

Thanks!  :-)

                       __   _
David S. Jackson      / /  (_)__  __ ____  __