Re: INSTALL:dual-boot

The only thing Win95 did to my machine was replace the MBR.  I had to boot
from floppy and re-run lilo.  Everything was fine after that.

Note:
	Win95 will replace any boot manager.  I had os/2 on using a boot
manager when I first got Win95 a few years ago and it did the same to it.
Microslut wants controle!

On Mon, 28 Apr 1997, Rick Macdonald wrote:

> Rick Jones wrote:
> >
> > No need to worry about the MBR.  I have used linux and Win95 on the same
> > machine for 2 years now.  I have always used lilo to boot them with 0
> > problems.  If you like I can provide you with a copy of my lilo.conf file.
>
> We bought Win95 last year but I'm afraid to install it on my machine.
>
> Besides my Linux partitions, I have three DOS partitions, one of which I
> mount
> as UMSDOS. All this is spread across two 1.2GB EIDE drives.
>
> I'm afraid that the Win95 installation will screw around with the
> DOS partitions. Does it try to convert them to VFAT? Does it touch
> the Linux extfs2 and/or the swap partition?
>
> --
> ....RickM...

--Rick

rickya@siservices.net