Re: depmod 2.1.34

On Mon, 28 Apr 1997, Remco van de Meent wrote:

> After installing depmod from modules-2.1.34, the modules.dep in my
> 2.0.30 was empty. It looks like the depmod isn't working correct.
>
> Just to let you know..
>
> (I fixed it by downgrading to modules 2.0.0)

Same problem here.  Running

	depmod -a

gives

	modprobe: error reading ELF header: No such file or directory

and with my newly compiled kernel 2.0.30, the modules were not working
properly.  I am now using my previously-working kernel 2.0.29.  depmod
worked okay that time.  Hmm... :)

Anthony

--
Anthony Fok Tung-Ling            foka@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca