Re: help!

Solomani:

> I have just setup majordom version 1.94 on my Debian 2.0 box running
> Smail as my mail client.
> My problem is that when ever I post something to the list
> subscribe/unsubscribe or just a plain message I get this bounce error
> message;
>
> |------------------------- Message log follows: -------------------------|
>  no valid recipients were found for this message
> |------------------------- Failed addresses follow: ---------------------|
>  ":include:/var/lib/majordomo/lists/ev-delta" ... failed: unknown user
> |------------------------- Message text follows: ------------------------|

It seems you havn't confiigured smail to understand :include:

>From /usr/doc/majordomo/README.debian:

 NOTE for smail users.  At the time of writing, Debian's smail does not
 have an `aliasinclude' director set up.  This makes mailing lists of
 any kind imposssible...  you may need to add the following to your
 /etc/smail/directors file:

        aliasinclude:
                driver=aliasinclude, nobody;
                copysecure, copyowners

I added the above and it worked fine for me.
--
See shy Jo.