Re: year-2000 testing

Message from Bruce Perens (bruce@pixar.com):
> If you can do so, please try running your system with the date in the year
> 2000 for a while. Richard Stallman asked if we had tested that GNU software
> is free of year-2000 problems, and I think it's a good idea. Fortunately
> we don't have too many COBOL programs :-) .
>
> To do this, you'll probably need to run something like "clock -u -w"
> after resetting the date with the "date" command.

It seems like the problems, if any, would probably be more problems from
the actual roll-over from the year 1999 to 2000, so probably the best thing
would be to set your computer's date to Dec. 31, 1999, and see what
happens to your processes when it hits midnight.

-Sam

--
VA Research Linux Workstations
Engineered like no other