Re: INSTALL:dual-boot

On Sat, 26 Apr 1997, Rick Jones wrote:

> Yes.  Use lilo.  Here's a copy of my lilo.conf.
>
> boot = /dev/hda
> root = /dev/hda2
> other = /dev/hda1
> 	label = Windows
> 	table = /dev/hda

<Much snipped, sorry I didn't clean the last one>

I don't know if it needs mentioning or not, but maybe another person will
find this usefull if you already know.

Windows/DOS MUST be installed in the first partition.  DOS's fdisk will
interpret the disk as full if say linux is in hda1 and is large enough to
go beyond the 1023'd cylinder.

And lilo will have to be run after windows is installed to replace the MBR
win95 will put there.  Boot from floppy "Linux root=/dev/????" being the
partition you want to run NORMALLY if you have a rescue partition like I
do.  You could do it from the rescue but it will keep from an error using
the wrong lilo.conf file for say compiling a new kernel (make zlilo) if
you forgett to make them the same.

Hope this is helpfull.

--Rick

rickya@siservices.net