smartlist question

I'm trying to use smartlist (3.10-14).

On the first message I send to the test list testing, I get this error
(through smail):

|------------------------- Message log follows: -------------------------|
 flist: Couldn't exec "../.bin/procmail"
|------------------------- Failed addresses follow: ---------------------|
 "|exec /var/list/.bin/flist testing-request" ... failed: transport pipe:
child  returned status EX_UNAVAILABLE (69)
|------------------------- Message text follows: ------------------------|
[etc etc]

Then if I link /var/list/.bin/procmail to /usr/bin/procmail I get this:

|------------------------- Message log follows: -------------------------|
 flist: Can't find ".etc" in ""
 "|exec /var/list/.bin/flist testing-request" ... failed: transport pipe:
child returned status EX_NOINPUT (66)
[etc etc]

Anybody who could help?

FYI, I haven't integrated procmail in the mail delivery system.

Thanks,

Giuseppe Vacanti