Re: PPP + PAP with Debian

Luis,
	I've used the +ua option since I worked out PPP for the first time in
Slackware; I've never had any trouble with it in Debian, under
ppp-2.2.0f-19, 23, and 24 (the very, very latest).  I'm sorry to say I
don't know what your trouble could be, but I wanted to let you know it was
possible.
____________________
Matthew R. Briggs
mbriggs@huskynet.com

----------
> From: Luis Francisco Gonzalez <luisgh@cogs.susx.ac.uk>
> To: Debian Linux Users List <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
> Subject: PPP + PAP with Debian
> Date: Friday, April 25, 1997 5:22 AM
>
> Hi,
> I was wondering if somebody was using PAP and/or CHAP to connect to a ppp
> server using debian. I struggled with it for a week to no avail. I
finally
> installed RedHat's ppp package using alien and it worked as advertised. I
ended
> up installing debian's ppp back but substituing pppd for the version in
> RedHat. I assume therefore, this has to do with the changes made to pppd
by
> debian. I noticed the problem arises in the authentication. The +ua
option,
> which is kept for backward compatibility in pppd is completely disabled.
This
> happened with the current(i2.2.0f-23) version of the ppp package as well
as for that in Debian-1.2.5 (19, I think but could be mistaken).