Re: Problem with cdwrite, Help needed bad

There is a support list for cdwrite. Send "subscribe" to
cdwrite-REQUEST@pixar.com . Then send your question to the list.

My Yamaha CDR-100 seems to write well at 4X speed on my Pentium with
aic7xxx controller on the motherboard, but worked more poorly on some
of my 486 systems with ISA SCSI controllers. I had to change the LILO
parameters to increase the on-bus time of the SCSI controller to the
maximum possible value. I also had to use "hdparm" to turn interrupt
masking off during IDE transfers. You might also want to use irqtune
to prioritize the SCSI and disk controller interrupts during CD writing.

	Thanks

	Bruce
--
Bruce Perens K6BP   Bruce@Pixar.com   510-215-3502