Re: 16bpp in xdm?

In your XF86Config file under Section screen add DefaultColorDepth 16 just
like the Monitor or BlankTime entry except there are no paren's around
numbers in this file.

example:
		Section "Screen"
			Driver 	"svga"
			DefaultColorDepth  16
			BlankTime  45

Make sure you don't remove the 8 bit depth section.  It has to be there
even if it's not used for fallback and X_Server will let you know it.

On Tue, 22 Apr 1997, Heiko Schlittermann wrote:

> On Apr 22, Anthony Dien Yiu Cheng wrote
> : Hello all,
> :
> : How to start 16bpp in xdm? I know how to do in in startx. But I prefer
> : to access X window using xdm and everytime I start xdm and it
> : automatically set it to 8bpp.
> :
> : Your help is greatly appreciated.
> :
>
> Edit /etc/X11R6/xdm/XServers and add ``-bpp 16'' to the approbiate line.
>

>     Heiko
> --
> email : heiko@lotte.sax.de heiko@debian.org heiko@sax.de
> pgp   : A1 7D F6 7B 69 73 48 35  E1 DE 21 A7 A8 9A 77 92
> finger: heiko@sax.sax.de         heiko@master.debian.org

--Rick

rickya@siservices.net