Re: Critical "Times" article on Linux

[reply diverted to debian-user]

debian-announce-request@lists.debian.org wrote:

> "The Times", a respected British newspaper, published an article that was
> offensively critical of Linux in its Sunday edition.

Well, solong for repspected.... Folk that don't get their facts
straight don't deserve respect, especially if they are distributing
the "news" though out the world.

I especyally liked the part about Mr. Gates, M$, standards, and
how "Computer geeks despise simple, common standards."

> I urge Debian users and developers to _not_ respond to this article.
> If you must respond, please do not represent yourself as having anything
> to do with Debian.
>
> When you're in a fight with an idiot, it's difficult for other people to
> tell which one the idiot is.

Yes, true. This guy obvioisly has his facts "straight", so no use
arguing with him.

>         Thanks
>
>         Bruce Perens
>         Debian Project Leader
K.D.
  * Kári Davíðsson                    *                               *
  * Opiskelijankatu 4 F 330           *                               *
  * 33720 Tampere                     *     Your advertisement here.  *
  * Finland                           *     Low prices.               *
  * Tel: + 358-(0)50-5225153          *                               *
  * d154402@cs.tut.fi                 *	                              *