running procmail automatically from smail, and a question about POP

Hello.  Sorry if this isn't quite the right place to ask this - I have
looked around and can't seem to find the answer.  I've got a lot of
linux experience, but I only recently had to start dealing with mail
being delivered to my local machines.

I would like "procmail" to be run automatically (using the addressee's
.procmailrc) on all mail being delivered to my local users, and I'm
running "smail".  I was kind of surprised that the "procmail" package
didn't ask me if I would like it to set that up for me, but I suppose
given that one might be running sendmail, smail, or qmail (at least
:-), I suppose it might be kind of complicated for the package to do
that.

Another question I have is what packages are needed to pop mail
to/from a linux box to an NT box?  I want my wife to be able to send
and receive mail from with netscape when running NT.  I installed
"qpopper", "popclient", and "poppassd", and the outgoing mail gets
popped to the linux box (which is my mail gateway) with no problems.
However, I can't seem to get it to pop the mail from linux to the NT
box.

I ran "popauth" and added the users I wanted to be able to pop mail -
then I get messages in the logs about needing to use "APOP".  I
assume netscape (v3.0) isn't talking APOP.  If I just run "popauth
-init", then I simply never receive mail from the linux box.

The only strange thing about my setup is that I have all mail being
delivered into the users accounts.  So, if I'm user "foo", my mail
gets delivered into "~foo/.mailspool/foo".  I wondered if "in.qpopper"
would know where to look for the mail :-)

Thanks for any hints, suggestions, or pointers to FAQs!

Later,
	Dale