Re: RFC: Stacker 133 compatablilty...

On Tue, 15 Apr 1997, Jeff Greeson wrote:

> I bet this has been debated before, but how does the Trinity Works' Stacker
> 133 perform with 2.0.30 of Debian?  FYI, the Stacker 133 is a AMD 5x86/133
> that fits in a 486 chip socket.

I installed one a couple of weeks ago. I had one kernel panic since
then, wether or not it that was due to the 586 I'm not quite sure. I
didn't do any kind of performance test, but the system seems snappier.
It should be noted that the Trinity products has a large heatsink, but
no fan. This shouldn't be a problem under Linux since the kernel's use
of the wait instruction means that the cpu should run cooler.

Dave Thayer
Denver, Colorado USA
dthayer@netcom.com dthayer@nyx.net david.thayer@state.co.us