netscape

This seems to be of general interest.

__________Make-A-Difference____________________
  KEEP THE INTERNET WHOLE: THE EASIEST WAY EVER TO
  MAKE MICROSOFT AND NETSCAPE DO THE RIGHT THING

     http://www.anchordesk.com/story/story_844.html

     The Internet is at risk of being splintered by the
     battle between Microsoft and Netscape. The two companies
     are fighting in the press instead of in the standards
     committees, forcing users to pick sides. We *must*
     protect the idea of a single standard for the Internet.
     In an effort to get both companies to do the right
     thing, AnchorDesk is introducing its first Make-A-Difference
     (MAD) petition. Please take 30 seconds to stop by
     the Web site and electronically sign the petition
     before we deliver it in person to Microsoft and Netscape.