Re: Again - Multilink PPP vs. EQL

> > > After burrowing around some, I finally found some info and docs on
EQL;
> > > however, Multilink PPP is mentioned as a newer, and improved
alternative.

> > > Unfortunately, I can't find any info on Multilink PPP in the HowTo's,
> > etc.
>
> I thought mutlilink PPP was something only available for ISDN?  If i'm
> incorrect, someone correct me.

Nope, you're correct.  It was something new to me to, but after some
well-received "guidance", I've got things straightened out.... <grin>

> By the way, Kevin -- what docs have you found on eql?  Do you know if one
> has to use eql_enslave to enslave links, and if so, is the latest
> eql_enslave the one stored inside one of old eql patches on
> sunsite.unc.edu?

About all I've found on EQL was in the NET3-Howto.  I haven't tried any of
this yet (soon, though), but from the docs it looks as if all you need is
to run "ifconfig eql .... up/down" to establish the driver/interface.  (Of
course, you need kernel support for EQL as well.)  Once that's done, there
are additional steps required to establish connections to the remote
system, but I can't remember those steps and I don't have access to the
Howto right now.

Also, I'm sure there are others _much_ more knowledgeable about EQL than I
am - I'm a true newbie in this area.

Thanks for the help,

Kevin Traas
Systems Analyst