Re: Do teTeX packages work well?

In article <[🔎] Pine.GSO.3.95.970418095649.23391B-100000@kurango.cs.flinders.edu.au>,
	mark@ist.flinders.edu.au (Mark Phillips) writes:

> I think it is in Debian's interest to think carefully about how to get
> the best possible TeX distribution.  I think for a lot of people, having
> a great TeX distribution would be a major selling point for the
> distribution.  At the moment, Debian's TeX direction seems a little
> confused.

Actually i thought that teTeX was supposed to and is the solution for
what you seem to recognize as Debian's confused TeX direction!? IMHO
the fact that teTeX has become part of Debian is a major reason to
consider installing Debian. I suppose that teTeX is at the moment the
state of the art of all the Unix TeX distributions available.

                                       Regards, P. *8^)
--
   Paul Seelig                         pseelig@goofy.zdv.uni-mainz.de
   Our AMA Homepage  in  the WWW at  http://www.uni-mainz.de/~bender/