Re: recording CD's

On Wed, 16 Apr 1997 15:29:58 -0700, Richard Sevenich wrote:

>I am getting questions from possible future Linux users. I'll post them
>to this list to tap into the extensive experience. Maybe we'll get more
>converts.
>Question of the day:
>	Those of you who burn CD's from Linux - what software do you
>	use?

I started off with Xcdroast, which is a slick GUI frontend for the only CDR
software I know of for linux, cdwrite 2.0. I now just use dd and cdwrite at
the command line and in scripts.....quicker and much more powerful.

I can even do a straight IDE CD to CDR dupe.....very cool.

>Is it dependable and straightforward to use?

Once you figure out how to use it, sure. ; >

If you are looking to do images you would use mkisofs. I've never used it
but I assume it is pretty sraight forward.....
If you are using a partition for the image I assume you can just format it
ISO and mount it rw to do work.....

BTW I'm using a Phillips CDD2000. It is a very good drive, except the face
plate does not seal, thus is can get dust inside. It looks like REV B of the
CDD2006 finally fixed this problem, and if they have I highly recommand the
drive.

I have yet to ever burn a bad CD....

Dave 'Kill a Cop' Cinege  (aka Psychopath #3)  ---  Super Genius at Large
"Shelter me from the powder in the finger......Cover me from the thought
that pulled the trigger..."  Neil Young

http://www.psychosis.com/

Libertarian Party 1-800-682-1776		http://www.lp.org/