Re: Which pentium: 200, PRO 200, or MMX 200?

On Tue, 15 Apr 1997 11:32:07 -0600 (MDT), ninja@xmission.com wrote:

>On Tue, 15 Apr 1997, Rick Macdonald wrote:
>
>> I might have to give my aging P133 to my wife and buy a new PC.  :-)
>>
>> I stopped keeping cuurent with these things.
>>
>> Which runs Linux the best: 200, PRO 200, or MMX 200?
>
>Pro 200.

If you want to save some money, a Pro 166MHz with a 83MHz bus.
Except for pure floating point this will give you overall system performance
much better then a Pro 200.

If you are really cheap (like me) get a Pro 150 and over clock it to 166MHz.
I've never come in contact with anyone who could take their Pro 150 to 166.
(Mine went to 180 on a Tyan 1668D Dual)

Elite MicroComputers   908-541-4214      http://www.psychosis.com/emc/