hypermail and majordomo -> error

Hey

I'm using Debian 1.2, patched up to level 9, together with qmail-1.00,
majordomo-1.94.1 (patched for use with qmail) and hypermail-1.02-2.

I'm trying to get archives updated on the fly. Right now, I'm updated the
hypermail archive every hour from an mbox-textfile.

When I have a message sent to an alias which expands to

 | /usr/local/majordomo+qmail/wrapper hypermail -u -i -l "Remco's test" -d
        /home/users/remco/public_html/testinx
      (on 1 line)

the archive isn't updated. Qmail is trying to executing the program, but
finishes with an error: deferral: Aack,_child_crashed._(#4.3.0).

When I give exactly this line on stdin, without the pipe, and enter some
text, it works fine.

Does anyone have any idea what's going wrong?

thanks for your help!

bye - R.

// Remco van de Meent
//   email: remco@oloon.student.utwente.nl