Re: "dselect" replacement project ("deity")y

On Sun, 13 Apr 1997, P.A.M. van Dam wrote:

> It would be really nice to have some highlever package order, like
> some commercial UNIX vendors have. For example one might have the choice
> to install everything as it suits himself or choose some highlevel packages
> like a KDE environment using Dutch locales or a OpenLook environent or just
> good old non-graphic install. It makes it much easier for newbies. We need
> some hierarchy in the package structures.

I very much agree with this.  Redhat has something like this.  While I
don't agree with their package choices for the various setups, the concept
is sound.

You would think this would be configured as the interface to dselect is
redesigned.  (which I'm very glad is happening!)

-douglas