Re: "dselect" replacement project ("deity")y

On Sat, 12 Apr 1997, Britton wrote:
> I used to run slackware...

Me too, and also tried RedHat recently, but not for a long time.

> I think individual package selectin on install is something we should
> keep, at least as a perfectly accesable option.  I would like to see the
> energy go into that rather than a more general packaging scheme. I think
> more new users like it than you think.

That's why I'm here, quite new to Debian. Ok, there are some problems with
dselect (going to be replaced anyway I see), but the chance of knowing about
dependencies and not only installing but also removing or upgrading *each*
package is of great importance to me. It is just a very good thing which
needs a great design effort (and possibly some debugging), as for instance
any C++ "ambitious"  class hierarchy. The taste it gives to me is of a great
quality Linux distribution.

     Nicola Bernardelli <n.bern@mail.protos.it>