Debian 1.3 Installation

Hi to all...,

I tried to install Debian 1.3 with the 04-04-1997 Disks and ran into
some problems...;-)))

1. I think that the iso9660 filesystem is missing in the fs part of the
module configuration...??? Or did I miss something??

2. fdisk still does not refresh the screen after writing the partition
table and I could not partition the drive the way I wanted...but I think
it's my fault.

3. dselect cdrom installation failed because /dev/mcd and/or /dev/mcdx
are not available?? How can I create them?? With which magic and
options/parameters???

I'd like some short information about the modules during the
installation, because it's not always obvious what some of them are used
for.

The Disks are 1.3, but can I install the packages from a 1.2.x CD and
later upgrade the packages...??? Currently I do not have Debian 1.3 on
CD.

TIA

Jacek