Re: "dselect" replacement project ("deity")

Ok here goes, I looked at the list of stuff available for debian and I
thought I knew a thing or too about Linux until I ordered this debian
cdrom.  I run an ISP and a Linux user group.  However I just cannot seem
to get debian's dselect correctly.  I get through the conflict resolution
and then after installing the packages I get more conflicts.  I think
that there are several problems

1. The interface is a problem
   too complicated, I am having trouble (I have been running linux since
pre 0.99.

2. Once the conflicts have been resolved, they should be resolved and
should not come up again.

3. Do not through out the idea of haveing different modes,
   1 for experts 2 for beginers etc. (at least kick it around)

4 A easier way to force an install that you know will not conflict.

5 Make it friendly to new people with less experience.  Even if you need
to get the janitor to install it to see if it is too complicated.

I WANT TO MAKE THIS NEXT POINT VERY CLEAR

I am not trying to wine or complain, I realy think that these things need
to be addressed.  Remember the last time you got bored with that nascar
race on TV,  They go round and round the same time each lap, it was boring.

It takes a pro to make it look that easy!!!!!!

I want to thank everyone on the deity team in advance.  I wish I could be
on it.  But I am not enough of an expert programmer yet.

If more people give you input, the product you craft will be that much better
So come on people start talking !