Re: KDE/KDM

On Thu, 10 Apr 1997 07:56:51 +0200 (MDT) Philipp JW Grau
<phgrau@wi-bw.tfh-wildau.de> writes:
>On Wed, 9 Apr 1997, Kevin J Poorman wrote:
>
>> hello
>>
>> Does anyone have kde/kdm working on there computer ... I downloaded
>the
>> red hat package and tryed to install it but it errored out ... if
>any one
>> has kde working I would appreciate info on how you got it working...
>Yes i got it running, what I needed was:
>
>- libqt, a lib from Troll-Systems (is that right), is a debian package
>- libqt-dev
>- libkde the main lib for the kde project
>- khtmlw, a www/html widget set
>- lib_gif, or something like that
>- liblpeg jpeg libary
>
>and some fiddeling with the path entry in Makefiles and *.h files
>and some nice things like that....
>
>For me the kdm is a nice replacement for xdm.

I can's get kdm to work when I type kde nothing happens ... no prosess
are spawned and no errors are given ... I also can not get xdm to work
... same deal as above and with xmd the /var/log/xdm-errors is filesize 0
... any thoughts ... also I have qt installed from the debian ftp site so
I can get the window manager to start but I would like to get it to also
start the panel and the other kde things automaticly... like the fvwm95-2
WM works when it starts it starts the taskbar as well... the other thing
I would like to do is have kde startup with a KVT instead of a xterm ...
in fvwm95-2 this is done by editing the file
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fvwm95/.fvwm95rc ... is there a file that does this
same function for kde ...? thanks ..