Re: What editors are in base?

On Wed, 9 Apr 1997, Dale Scheetz wrote:
>                                           Also, what is the input device
> > for 'cp ' that uses the console for input?
> Well, if I understand the question your command line should look like:
>
> 	cp /dev/console <file-name>
> 	cp /dev/tty1 <file-name>

	This is weird.  The first suggestion would only work if you're
logged in at the tty which /dev/console is symlinked to (i.e., this
prolly won't work from an xterm in X).  The second suggestion would
only work if you're logged into tty1 (again, this won't work from an
xterm in X). Why doncha do it like this:

	cat > <filename>

	Then press Ctrl-D (which is EOF in UNIX, it's Ctrl-Z in DOS) when
you're done.  This would do the same thing as "copy con <filename>" in
DOS.

Arcadio Alivio Sincero, Jr. a.k.a. The Tick
Undergraduate Computer Science Major/Linux Enthusiast/Competitive Bodybuilder
email:  S566@aacci.aacc.cc..md.us
WWW:    http://www.coming.to.a.web.site.near.you.some.day.com

Come meet me on quake.linpeople.org for Quake or irc.linpeople.org for IRC!