Re: What is the standard ethernet frame type?

On 9 Apr 1997, Chris Brown wrote:
>      I will be connecting several different types of systems to an
> ethernet network that is currently running only Netware on ipx.  On
> the Netware server and workstations it is necessary to specify the
> Ethernet frame type.  IPX is running either Ethernet_802.2 or
> Ethernet_803.2.  The Novel books say that the TCP/IP has to run on
>      What is the standard type used?
>Like they say the wonderful
> thing about standards is that there are so many to chose from.

   I love that line so i had to repeat it.

   I believe that the answer to your question is that most systems are
802.2. I have a client who is running Novell v3.11, which is an
"intermediate" version, and they need 802.3. But because i think that the
802.3 is "odd", that implies that 802.2 is "normal".

   I hope this helps. Good luck.

universero trio... trio@tio.net... http://tio.net/~trio
Learn and use The International Language Esperanto!