Re: NE2000 card

On Wed, 9 Apr 1997, Karsten Bolding wrote:

> Hi
>
> I think there was some discussion about the NE2000 card a while ago, how
do I get in contact with it... (append io something in lilo.conf ??)

> Karsten

if card address is 300 (hexadecimal):

When using modconf the parameter is entered in a dialog box. io=0x300
works for mine. I notice with mine that IRQ autoprobing works once the io
address is set. I believe the following changes are made by modconf. I
know that when modconf was broken, I was able to edit the files, did a
"depmod -a", and rebooted with ne2000 working.

/etc/modules add line:
ne

/etc/conf.modules add line:
options ne io=0x300

Paul Wade - Greenbush Technologies Corporation
http://www.greenbush.com/cds.html
Linux CD's sent worldwide