Re: PEX Extension to X

Ed Down wrote:
What about OpenGL, or Mesa as it has been implemented under Linux?  I
compiled my sample code from my OpenGL class without too many problems
on my Linux box and it worked!  Surprised, was I.

Jim.

> Has anyone any experience programming with the PEXlib under Debian?
>
> I have managed to get PEX running in the Xserver (Note to the maintainer -
> maybe the install should modify XF86Config?) but there are no demos/code
> supplied with the xext package.
>
> I have scanned the PEXlib reference manual and the Protocol books supplied
> with the xbooks package, but they do not give anything near a tutorial
> such as is given in O'Reillys 'Xlib Programming Guide' for Xlib. I would
> prefer not to have to buy a book to see if PEX will do what I want -
> anyone got any example code/demos?
>
> What I am trying to do is display a fairly detailed 3D map for a game
> client which has various bits changing continuously and allow different
> viewing positions/magnification. I am open to suggestions for other
> methods of achieving this under any _free_ 3D X library if anyone knows of
> one.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ed

Jim Lynch, System Engineer,  SGI/Cray Research, Inc. / ARS: K4GVO
Federal Business Systems, Phone: (770) 631-2254, Email: jwl@sgi.com
Suite 270, 200 Westpark Drive, Peachtree City, GA 30269