Getting started with the JE Debian packages

Hi,

I've recently downloaded a sizeable amount of JP-Debian packages from
ftp.linux.or.jp in order to enable my system to type and write Japanese.
However, now that I have them I find I need some help to get started
in using them :-( KON and KTerm seem to work fine for displaying japanese
characters, but I'm having a hard time figuring out how to input anything.
>From what I've read in the JE-HOWTO and the JE Linux for Gaijin FAQ
I figured I'd need the canna, mule and kinput2-canna packages, so I've
installed them on my system. I've paged through some of the relevant
stuff in /usr/doc, but it doesn't seem to tell me how I can actually
use them, so hints or pointers to more english documentation would be
very much appreciated.

Since this is a highly specific subject I'd like to ask you to mail your
answers to me directly. I'll summarize my findings for the list later on.

On a more general note, does the fact that KON recently appeared in
unstable mean that JP-Debian has started to filter down into the
regular distribution?

Thanks in adavance,
--
Thomas Baetzler, thb@regioservice.de, bath0011@fh-karlsruhe.de