Re: Sound support in kernel recompile

Hi,

	Could you mail me a screen dump of the configuration attempt?
 Have you looked at and added the patch found in the file
 /usr/doc/kernel-package.Problems.gz?

	My SB AWE32 config options are given below, and the sound card
 works fine, I just can't get the wave synthesis to work.

	manoj
#
# Sound
#
CONFIG_SOUND=y
# CONFIG_PAS is not set
CONFIG_SB=y
# CONFIG_ADLIB is not set
# CONFIG_GUS is not set
# CONFIG_MPU401 is not set
# CONFIG_PSS is not set
# CONFIG_GUS16 is not set
# CONFIG_GUSMAX is not set
# CONFIG_MSS is not set
# CONFIG_SSCAPE is not set
# CONFIG_TRIX is not set
# CONFIG_MAD16 is not set
# CONFIG_CS4232 is not set
# CONFIG_MAUI is not set
CONFIG_YM3812=y
SBC_BASE=220
SBC_IRQ=5
SBC_DMA=1
SB_DMA2=5
SB_MPU_BASE=330

#
# MPU401 IRQ is only required with Jazz16, SM Wave and ESS1688.
#

#
# Enter -1 to the following question if you have something else such as SB16/32.
#
SB_MPU_IRQ=-1
CONFIG_LOWLEVEL_SOUND=y
# CONFIG_ACI_MIXER is not set
CONFIG_AWE32_SYNTH=y
# CONFIG_AEDSP16 is not set

--
 It is best to avoid volcanos whenever possible.