Netscape Communicator 4.0b3 status

Forwarded message:
>From zenon@best.com Mon Apr  7 01:53:37 PDT 1997
Article: 11189 of linux.debian.user
From: zenon@best.com (Zenon Fortuna)
Newsgroups: linux.debian.user
Subject: Netscape Communicator 4.0b3 status
Date: 7 Apr 1997 01:51:08 -0700

The Netscape Communicator 4.0beta3 works for me without crashes.
The 4.0b2 was crashing every time when I tried to run Java applets.
This time I could run all the applets from the /usr/doc/jdk/demo directory
without crash.

The speed had improved as well.

I run the Debian/GNU Linux 1.2 (the current "stable" version) with the
libc taken from the "unstable" distribution. As the result, instead of the
/lib/libc.so.5.4.20 (from the "stable") I have the /lib/libc.so.5.4.23 from
the "unstable".

Looks like a great progress in stability.
... but I still prefer the Netscape 3.0 feel&look.

	Zenon