Re: Help! I messed up!

Glen Journeay wrote:

> Jim,
>         Your scsi driver module should be located in
> /lib/modules/2.x.x/scsi.  If you can boot up from a recover floppy then
> try and mount your normal root under /mnt and get at your modules (or
> recover your old kernel).  Hope this helps.  I know how this feels (since
> I've done it more than a few times myself :)

Thanks, Glen. Actually I panicked a little too early, as I had forgotten
that my "append" line in /etc/lilo.conf had to be in each stanza. I
merely added the address param. to the "boot:" prompt and got it back.
I re-compiled a new kernel with the scsi driver in (and a couple of
other things), and now I'm experimenting with modules by making a
full-featured kernel then modulizing one feature at a time to find out
which ones work best as modules.

Jim

Debian Linux! Where I REALLY went today!
Jim Smith   jim@oz.net
http://www.oz.net/~jim/