local updatedb files ... [Was: Finding files not present]

Hi Rick:

On Fri, 4 Apr 1997, Rick Macdonald wrote:

> On my stand-alone machine at home, I get all files by making this change
> to /etc/cron.daily/find:
>
> #cd / && updatedb --localuser=nobody 2>/dev/null
> cd / && updatedb 2>/dev/null

Many thanks, this will be useful.

A place where locate shines is in quick searches of CD ROMs.  I create
locatedb files for my CDROMs as well as hard drives. This makes finding
stuff much easier than a drawn out find /cdrom...

BTW Please explain why the && is present in the script!  I have never
understood what that is doing...

--David
           LINUX: the FREE 32 bit OS for [345]86 PC's available NOW!
David B Teague | User interface copyrights & software patents make
teague@wcu.edu | programing a dangerous business. Ask me or lpf@lpf.org

spy counter-intelligence wild porno sex gold bullion Soviet Bosnia clipper