Re: Finding files not present (challenge to your intelligence)

On Wed, 2 Apr 1997, Kevin Dalley wrote:

> > : updatedb generates a database of all file names on the system.  (It
> > : only runs for a few minutes for my system.)

runs  quite a while on my 468 33 ;)

> > Not of all files.  Of files searchable by `nobody.nogroup'.

> You can run updatedb manually to get a list of all files.  Look at the
> options in the info page for more information.

Actually, you can run updatedb by hand and keep the database private to
root in some other protected directory.

--David
           LINUX: the FREE 32 bit OS for [345]86 PC's available NOW!
David B Teague | User interface copyrights & software patents make
teague@wcu.edu | programing a dangerous business. Ask me or lpf@lpf.org

Mossad data encryption munitions Serbian hydrazine ammonium nitrate fuel oil