Re: bad FS errors after (almost) every boot

Hi,

when I installed Debian 1.1 about 6 months ago I had filesystem corruption
problems during and after installation. My box had a NCR53c810 on-board
SCSI adapter so I had to use one of the special boot disks. After
fighting with the installation for a couple of days I realized that
the boot disks for the NCR53c810 had a kernel compiled with some parameters
that caused problems in my hardware setup. I solved the problem by
creating a boot disk (using the bootdisk package) with a kernel customized
for my hardware.

Now, my system has been up and running for half a year with no problems
at all. I also upgraded succesfully to 1.2.

Why don't you try re-installing with a custom boot disk that has a custom
kernel just for you hardware?

Regards,

E.-

--