Re: keeping multiple debian machines in sync / dselect & dependecies

This brings up another point -- why can't dselect list the order in which
deb files should be installed for me?  Or can it and I just don't know?
Right now, when you use dselect, it seems to just try to install packages
in alphabetical-recursive order (which is why I run into catch-22 problems
such as not being able to install ghostview because gs-aladdin is not
installed, but not installing gs-aladdin because ghostview failed to
configure).

If I could get it to generate a script that issues dpkg -iOEGB <deb files>
in the right order without me having to manually construct such a tree as
you suggest below, that would be a large step in the right direction.