Re: finger from remote site will not list .plan

At 03:44 PM 1/04/97 -0500, Colin Telmer wrote:

>At the moment remote users who finger telmerco@terrapin.queensu.ca are
>told that I have no plan. However if I finger telmerco while logged onto
>terrapin, I get to see my .plan (pgp key). I recall fiddling with cfingerd
>and noticing that you could restrict remote users but cannot find any
>documentation on allowing remote users with netstd's fingerd. Any ideas?

The finger daemon runs as user nobody and as such it must be publically
accessable.  Make your home directory chmod'd 711 and your .plan 644 -
should work fine - ie:

drwx--x--x  23 karl     staff        2048 Mar 31 19:31 /home/karl

-rw-r--r--   1 karl     staff         364 Aug  4  1996 /home/karl/.plan

Regards

--
Karl Ferguson
Tower Networking Pty Ltd   Tel: +61-9-456-0000     karl@tower.net.au