Please HELP Newbie: system crash

	Hi,

	I've got a BIG problem with my linux (DEBIAN 1.2 + Accelerated X).
When I run the X system (with startx), my system stop to work a few
minutes later, especially if I try to run emacs or xemacs.
	What I mean by stopped system is:
	  - The mouse doesn't move anymore
	  - I can't do anything with the keyboard (even Ctrl-alt-suppr
	    doesn't work)
	The only thing I can do is to switch off my computer.

So:
	Is there another way to get my system working back ?
	Does anyone have any idea about the problem ?
	Is there any file where errors are reported ?

Thanks a lot. I discovered Linux few weeks ago and I would be
deseperate if I would have to go back to M$ Windows.

F. LE GALL

PS: I have for a P166+ with a matrox mystique video card.