Re: Lilo booting

I've found that you have to mark the WIN95 partition as the "bootable" partition
in the partition table or win95 has a hissy-fit.  However, this DOES NOT affect the
boot-ability of your linux partition.  You can make both linux and win95 bootable
on power-up by editing your lilo.conf file in your /etc directory.  It should look
something like this:

# LILO configuration file
# generated by 'liloconfig'
#
# Start LILO global section

boot=/dev/hda
compact
delay=50
install=/boot/boot.b
map=/boot/map

# End LILO global section
# Linux bootable partition config begins

image=/vmlinuz
root=/dev/hda3  # <-- this should be the device name of your LINUX partition
label=linux
vga=normal
read-only

# Linux bootable partition config ends
# DOS bootable partition config begins

other = /dev/hda1   # <-- this should be the device name of your WIN95 partition
label = win95
table = /dev/hda

# DOS bootable partition config ends

ONCE YOU'VE EDITED your lilo.conf file, run /sbin/lilo.  On reboot, you'll see
the "LILO" prompt.  At this point press the LEFT SHIFT KEY to get the "LILO boot:"
prompt.  Then press <TAB> for a list of operating systems you can run.  Type
the name of the OS and then <ENTER>, and away you go...

Let me know if you need more info.  See the man page on "lilo.conf" and "lilo" for
a more complete description.

-- Harmon