Re: PGP signing in Exmh locks X

> Try typing your passphrase and hitting Enter.  You may be
> experiencing a problem with the visibility of the dialog window (it
> may be off the edge of the screen).

That was one of the first things I tried.

As far as I can tell, PGP is never actually run. It seems that X or
FVWM2 balks when Exmh tries to spawn an xterm with PGP in it. The xterm
is not displayed and PGP doesn't start. All I can do is move the mouse
pointer around (can't click on anything) or switch to another console.

The ps command doesn't show any relevant pgp or sh processes. Only the
xterm that's supposed to start PGP but never appears:

6592  ?  S       0:00 xterm -l -lf /tmp/exmh.5641.xterm.0 -title PGP -e sh -c -u
nset PGPPASSFD;\012        pgp "+armorlines=0" "+keepbinary=off" "-stab" "/tmp/e
xmh.5641.msg.0" "-u" "0x9F317269" "-o" "/tmp/exmh.5641.pgp.0";\012\011echo\012

Killing that process brings my X session back into working order.

PGP works fine in an xterm with the exmh "PGP View" and "PGP extract
keys" options. I would be guessing that the passphrase has something to
do with it except for the fact that pgp doesn't seem to be running.